The Better Information Programme: Introduction to Misinformation
Added in Ancoats, Clayton & Bradford, Ardwick & Longsight, Baguley, Sharston & Woodhouse Park, Brooklands & Northenden, Cheetham & Crumpsall, Chorlton, Whalley Range & Fallowfield, City Centre, Didsbury, Burnage & Chorlton Park, Gorton & Levenshulme, Higher Blackley, Harpurhey & Charlestown, Hulme, Moss Side & Rusholme, Miles Platting, Newton Heath & Moston, Withington & Old Moat
|When||Various, see below|
|Where||Online session delivered using MS Teams|
buzz Knowledge Service
Tel. 0161 271 0505
Access to health information has never been greater. Professional opinions and health information leaflets are now accompanied by innovative apps and a variety of health related websites.
Our access to a range of health information has developed, but what about the quality?
This Introduction to Misinformation session is designed for health, social care and community organisations. It is designed to raise awareness about the sources of health information and how we can decide if it is any good.
At the end of the day, you will be:
• Knowledgeable about the range of health information available
• Knowledgeable about the impact of low quality health information
• Skilled in being able to spot poor quality or potentially harmful health information
• Confident in signposting to evidence-based sources
The Better Information Programme is delivered by the buzz Health and Wellbeing Service in partnership with Manchester Health and Care Commissioning.
Attendees must sign up via Eventbrite. Our upcoming dates are below:
- Tuesday 27th April 10:00 – 11:30 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-introduction-to-misinformation-tickets-140286022269
- Thursday 27th May 12:00 – 13:30 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-introduction-to-misinformation-tickets-140288060365
- Monday 28th June 14:00 – 15:30 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-introduction-to-misinformation-tickets-140290148611
- Tuesday 20th July 14:00 – 15:30 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-introduction-to-misinformation-tickets-148200739401
- Monday 16th August 12:00 – 13:30 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-introduction-to-misinformation-tickets-148200966079
- Tuesday 28th September 10:00 – 11:30 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-introduction-to-misinformation-tickets-148202554831
After receiving the training, you will become a designated Knowledge Champion and will be encouraged to share your learning with colleagues and communities. You will have exclusive access to the Knowledge Champions section of the buzz website, with further support materials and learning.