The Better Information Programme: Health Literacy Awareness
Added in Ancoats, Clayton & Bradford, Ardwick & Longsight, Baguley, Sharston & Woodhouse Park, Brooklands & Northenden, Cheetham & Crumpsall, Chorlton, Whalley Range & Fallowfield, City Centre, Didsbury, Burnage & Chorlton Park, Gorton & Levenshulme, Higher Blackley, Harpurhey & Charlestown, Hulme, Moss Side & Rusholme, Miles Platting, Newton Heath & Moston, Withington & Old Moat
|When||Various, see below|
|Where||Online session delivered using MS Teams|
buzz Knowledge Service
Tel. 0161 271 0505
We are all affected by health literacy at some point in our lives but what is it and why is it important?
This Health Literacy Awareness session is designed for health, social care and community organisations. It aims to raise awareness of health literacy and how it impacts you, your clients and your organisation.
At the end of the session, you will be:
• Aware of health information literacy and why it is important
• Able to say how health literacy affects you, your clients and your organisation
• Aware of further sources of information and learning about health literacy
This training is accredited by Health Education England and the Royal Society for Public Health and is being run as part of the Better Information Programme.
The Better Information Programme is delivered by the buzz Health and Wellbeing Service in partnership with Manchester Health and Care Commissioning.
Attendees must sign up via Eventbrite. Our upcoming dates are below:
- Thursday 10th December, 12:00-13:00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-health-literacy-awareness-tickets-120383306711
- Wednesday 20th January 14:00 – 15:00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-health-literacy-awareness-tickets-128117116745
- Tuesday 16th February 10:00 – 11:00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-health-literacy-awareness-tickets-128122013391
- Thursday 11th March 12:00 – 13:00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-better-information-programme-health-literacy-awareness-tickets-128123941157
After receiving the training, you will become a designated Knowledge Champion and will be encouraged to share your learning with colleagues and communities. You will have exclusive access to the Knowledge Champions section of the buzz website, with further support materials and learning.